Vehicles will start from a stop and trap speed will be clocked at the 1/2 mile point on the runway. Drivers will receive speeds at the end of each run.
Saturday & Sunday's formats are identical. Vehicles registered for the trophy and price competition will run for fastest in a shootout style competition and trap speeds set throughout each day will qualify for Fastest Badass of Never Lift. Trophies and prizes will be awarded at the end of each day for each competition class and on Sunday for Fastest Badass of Never Lift. Vehicles choosing not to run in the trophy and prize competition can run openly throughout each day, running side-by-side with another vehicle or solo for trap speed. Vehicles registered for the trophy and prize competition are also free to run openly, but must make passes during the formatted competition times to qualify for each stage.
AWD: Four Wheel Drivetrain
FWD: Front Wheel Drivetrain
RWD: Rear Wheel Drivetrain
Naturally Aspirated: No Power Adders (Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous/Electric)
Sedan (4 Doors): Four Doors Required
BMW / AMG: Sunday Only
Competition Format for Day 1 and Day 2
Vehicles can register for the trophy and prize competition or open runs. Registration type and class must be selected at the time of online registration.
Trophy and Prize Competition
All drivers registered in the trophy and prize competition will be competing in a race shootout on the respective registered day(s).
- Stage 1: Drivers may do as many passes as possible from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. At 1:00 PM the top four (4) qualifying vehicles in each class will be announced.
- Stage 2: The top four (4) qualifying vehicles in each class may do as many passes as possible between 1:00 PM-3:00 PM. A minimum of one pass must be made between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to qualify for the next round. At 3:00 PM the top two (2) qualifying vehicles will be announced.
- Final: The top two (2) vehicles will report to grid at 4:00 PM for the final run. The final run of each day will determine 1st and 2nd place for each class. Both vehicles will line up and will go at the same time, with the fastest trap speed taking 1st place. There will be no reruns and fastest trap speed of this run will take 1st place and the other vehicle will take 2nd place for the respective day and class.
- Both 1st and 2nd place drivers are required to be physically present at the trophy ceremony to collect their trophy and cash prize at 5:00 PM each day.
- Trap speeds for each stage and the finals will only apply to that specific round. Trap speeds from previous stages or run outside of the time frame, will not count for later stages.
- If a registered vehicle does not qualify for Round 2 or Final Round, it can still make open runs until 5:00 PM each day, but will not qualify for trophy or Prizes for that day.
- Cars must register to compete online or on site before the first race of the day. (Competition entry must be selected at time of registration)
- Trap speeds for the race shootout will only apply to that day. Trap speeds set in runs on Saturday will not count for Sunday's race shootout.
- Drivers may only enter one class at a time. A driver cannot register a vehicle in multiple classes per day.
- Any competitor may request for race officials to inspect any competitor car to check the validity of the vehicle and the class entered at any time before 5:00 PM each day or before trophies have been presented, whichever occurs first. Requests after this time will not be accommodated.
- Drivers may change classes between Saturday and Sunday. (For example, a Mitsubishi Evo can race in the Sedan class on Saturday and decide to race in AWD on Sunday as long as these changes are in place before the first race occurs on Sunday morning).
- Trophy and prize competition is only for automobiles only. Motorcycles must register for open runs.
FASTEST BADASS OF NEVER LIFT
The driver and vehicle with the fastest trap speed for the weekend will win Fastest Badass of Never Lift. The qualifying overall weekend fastest trap speed can be run at any time during the weekend by any vehicle that is registered for the trophy and prize competition. Winning first place on either day in any respective class does not mean vehicle wins Fastest Badass of Never Lift. Vehicle must be registered for trophy and prize competition for trap speed to qualify.
Vehicles that are not registered for the trophy and prize competition can run with whoever they want or go solo for trap speed at any time. Racing will end at 5:00 PM each day. Open run registrants do not qualify for trophy or prizes.
Over $35,000 in Cash and Prizes!
1st and 2nd place for each class will be awarded prize money each day. The driver and vehicle with the fastest trap speed for the weekend will win Fastest Badass of Never Lift.
1st Place - $2,500 and trophy, per class, per day
2nd Place - $500 per class, per day
Fastest Badass of Never Lift will be awarded the following:
- $2,500 for Overall Fastest
- Fastest Badass Trophy
- Featured Bio on NL website for 2018
- Social Media Posts through Never Lift, Motovicity and Shift S3ctor Platforms
- Invite to have car in Motovicity's PRI booth w/ travel expenses covered*
- Free Weekend Registration to Never Lift 2019
*Travel expenses up to $2,000 included for up to two individuals. Motovicity reserves the right to determine which and how expenses are covered.