DRIVER INFO AND RULES
WHAT STANDARD DRIVERS SHOULD BRING:
- It is mandatory to bring a helmet (Snell 2005+)
- All drivers are required to wear long pants, a shirt with sleeves (no tank tops) ,and closed toe shoes (no sandals).
- Each participant is required to completely fill out and sign a waiver/self tech form to submitted upon arrival at the event AUTOMOBILE TECH FORM
- All vehicles attempting to go over 180MPH are required to do 2 solo passes at 180MPH, observed by tech staff, to ensure safety and stability. Only after will they be approved to go 180+mph.
- All vehicles that run over 190MPH require a mounted fire extinguisher, 4-point roll cage, and fire suit/jacket. Failure to maintain these requirements will result in immediate removal from the event.
- We recommend additional safety equipment FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS including but not limited to: Roll bar or full cage, fire suit and clothing/gloves, fire suppression system, HANS or similar type of restraint for neck protection, arm restraints or window net
- You are responsible for ensuring the safety and capabilities of your car at this event
- All convertibles require roll over protection: either factory or an aftermarket roll bar
LICENSING/TECH RULEs for vehicles exceeding 180mph:
- It is required that all cars aiming to trap over 180+ go through our own independent tech inspection in addition to filling out your self tech form. This will occur on grid either before your first run or before your second run.
- To be licensed to go 180+mph, each driver must do two solo passes (one in each lane) between 170mph and 180 mph. This is to ensure that you can do a safe pass at that speed as observed by our staff. Once we see you have accomplished two safe passes, we will issue you a wristband licensing you to go over 180+mph.
- Qualifying for a license on Saturday will be good for both days of the event.
- Licenses issued at any previous Shift-S3ctor events will carry over for Never Lift. You do not need to go through licensing again if you already did at the last event, your car will still need to pass tech inspection. At our discretion, we may issue provisional licenses for certain individuals we have seen at past events accomplish these requirements already.
- If you exceed 180MPH with a car that has not been through our tech inspection and/or you are not licensed to go over 180MPH, you will be restricted to sub 180MPH. If you continue to go beyond that, you will be removed from the event without refund.
MOTORCYCLE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Clothing and Gear
- Helmets must be full face, rated Snell M2005 or newer, with appropriate stickers. Shell, liner, and strap must be in sound condition. Shatterproof shields required with adequate visibility.
- Full leather racing suits are required. Leather gloves must be worn with no rips, tears, or openings other than breathing holes. Leather motorcycle boots must be worn and must cover higher than the ankle.
- Tires rated for top speed of motorcycle.
- Brakes, both front and rear, must be fully functional and in proper working order.
- Requirements over 180 MPH
- Steering Stabilizer for speeds over 180mph (factory or aftermarket).
- Engine Kill Switch: Lanyard-style kill switch that kills all power in the event of a rider falling off.
- Breather Hoses: Crankcase breather hoses must run into a catch tank or into the air box.
- Chains and Chain guard: Drive chains must have master link clip safety wired or silicone. Metal chain guard is required.
NO DRONES ARE PERMITTED. There are no exceptions. This is mandated by the FAA and carries with it a $10,000 fine to the owner/operator of any drones on or surrounding active airport premises. Media must be on our guest list as well to gain access to Never Lift. We require all media to fill out our media waiver and rights form. You will need to check in at the Media tent to acquire your media vest and badge first thing in the morning. NEVER LIFT DOES NOT ALLOW SALES OF PHOTOGRAPHY AT THE EVENT.